GCMTA Music Education/Pedagogy (MED/PED) Major Scholarships
Since GCMTA defines its purposes as “the advancement of music education” and “to facilitate the education of music teachers,” we have established a scholarship in the amount of $500.00. Eligible applicants will be high school seniors who will pursue a Bachelor of Music Education or Pedagogy. Application can be found here.
- Applicant must be a high school senior who has been accepted as a music major in education or pedagogy and is entering that particular program in the upcoming year. The higher education institution must have the ability to graduate students with a Bachelor’s degree in music education or pedagogy. Verification of acceptance to the accredited music education school must be submitted with the application.
- Applicant must be the student and/or child of a GCMTA teacher in good standing for the current year.
- Applicant must have participated in at least one GCMTA adjudicated performance event in the previous twelve months (i.e. Auditions, Music Day, Federated Festival), and must submit a copy of the adjudicator’s comment sheet to the MED/PED Scholarship Committee.
- Applicant must submit the URL of an online video with applicant performing any repertoire on his/her chosen instrument not to exceed 10 minutes. Memorization is not required.
- Applicant must complete and submit the MED/PED Scholarship application to the Chair by the deadline of May 1.
- Applicant must submit a 350 word or less essay describing why music education or pedagogy is an important career path to pursue.
- Applicant must provide the name and email address of his/her music teacher willing to write a recommendation for the applicant. He/she will be contacted to submit a recommendation for the applicant.