NFMC Festival in Gwinnett County
The National Federation of Music Clubs is designed to promote study, stimulate interest in American and world music literature, and encourage each participant to reach a high standard of musical achievement.
Festivals are designed for ALL members of the NFMC. It is not a competition but an opportunity to perform and receive evaluation. The rules are set by the NFMC and all Festivals are administered by the respective State Federation of Music Clubs in accordance with the rules that appear in the Festival Bulletin.
The Gwinnett County Music Teachers Association holds three festivals annually, divided into three distinctly different districts: North, West and Central.
For additional information, please contact Nora Martin using the contact form provided. [Click here to Contact Federated Festival Chair]
Jr and Sr Club Application and Dues
Please print out and fill in the Jr Club Membership Application. Using an Excel document, or similar program, complete the Jr Club Roster in the same format as provided in the example here. Email the completed Excel document to your District Chair. For Sr Club dues, print and complete the Sr Club Membership form. Return all to your District Chair by September 27, 2017 with appropriate checks.
Teacher Reminders for Jr/Sr Club Application
- Individual teachers need to choose a Jr Club name for their studio. The individual teacher will be the Junior Counselor for his/her Club.
- Teachers who are not entering students are encouraged to choose to join the Sr Club and assist with festivals or other planning or socializing.
- Schools or entities such as a church music school may apply as a Jr Club but all associated teachers are members of the Sr Club, paying Sr Club dues of $10 each. Students will not be associated with a specific teacher in that Club.
- Teachers are required to have a Google ID in the form of a gmail address or other email set up as the Google ID.
- Club Dues are $2 per Jr member and $10 for each Sr member (teachers and adult students). Checks for Jr Club Dues are payable to GFMC and checks (or cash) for Sr Club Dues are payable to GCMTA. Both are due September 27, 2017 and a FULL address MUST be provided for each Sr member at the time of registration.
- Adult students may now elect to purchase the Jr Keynotes subscription.
- Minimum Club dues are for 16 members @ $2 or $32. Each additional member over 16 is an additional $2. Individual studios or small clubs will need to pay the minimum dues of $32 + Jr Keynotes subscription of $6 for each teacher.
- The Jr Club Roster should be submitted with the Jr Club Application and will contain the full names of all Jr Club members. Students not listed on the roster will NOT be permitted to register for Festival or other NFMC or GFMC events.
- The Adult Student + Teacher Roster should be submitted at the same time as the Jr Club Application and check.
- The Late Fee to GFMC after Oct 1 for the Jr Club Application is now $25 PER TEACHER. After Oct 15, teachers submit their own forms and include a separate $25 Late Fee to NFMC.
- The new GFMC website is georgianfmc.org. Teachers must register for permission to enter the portion of the website containing festival information.
- The NFMC website is www.nfmc-music.org. Various forms are available for download. Please check for updates to the bulletin in American Patriotic Folk Song, LFO Piano Solo, Musical Theater, Organ, Piano Duet, Piano Solo, Piano Concerto, Piano Duo, Piano Hymn and Vocal Solo Art Song.
Student registration is online with GCMTA (deadline for applications: January 6, 2018).
The form to complete, print, and send with each student on the day of his/her Festival is located on the Rules and Procedures page as well as the Forms page of this webpage. Required and Choice pieces must match those submitted online. Any changes must be approved by the District Chair well in advance of the festival.
Teacher Reminders for Registration
- Teachers must enter each participating student and event separately. The full legal name of the teacher and Junior Club member is required, including the middle name and “go-by” name.
- Teachers must use a personal Gmail address where reports will be emailed. Create your free Gmail account here.
- Application/registration deadline is January 6, 2018. The fee is $23 per entrant + $12 per extra event. No printed registrations will be accepted. (Collect $25 from each student + extra events.)
- Enter birthdates for new students only.
- Teachers may print out each registration for personal records.
- A single check from the Teacher, payable to GCMTA, should be postmarked no later than January 6, 2018 and mailed to the appropriate Federated District Chair.
- Teachers should notify their District Chair of SCJM and student transfers BEFORE registration so they can be provided appropriate forms. Forms will also be in the Rules and Procedures on the website.
- Students not originally listed on the Jr Club Membership Roster may be added PRIOR to festival after dues are paid to GFMC. Email changes to Federated Chair, Nora Martin.
- On the day of the Festival, students MUST bring a Rating Sheet and Music matching the literature submitted during registration.
- Any literature substitutions MUST be approved by a Festival chair to be eligible as well as a venue change for any student. This is required at least two weeks prior to the festival date.
For additional information, please contact Nora Martin using the contact form provided. Contact Federated Festival Chair