National Federation of Music Clubs
North Gwinnett Sr Club
Chair: Beth Ann Wise
6980 River Island Circle
Buford, GA 30518
Date: February 8, 2020
Location: First Baptist Church, Duluth
Central Gwinnett Sr Club
Chair: Michelle Peck
2669 Snowshoe Bend
Bethlehem, GA 30620
Date: February 29, 2020
Location: Hebron Baptist Church, Dacula
West Gwinnett Sr Club
Chair: Susan Andrews
2212 Arden Crest Way
Bethlehem, GA 30620
Date: February 22, 2020
Location: Mountain Park United Methodist Church, Stone Mountain
Federated Junior/Senior Club Membership Dues
Firm Deadline Sr. Club Dues: August 16, 2019 (postmarked)
Firm Deadline Jr. Club Dues: September 7, 2019 (postmarked)
September 15, 2019 (online registration)
Junior Club Dues: $2.00
Senior Club Dues: $10.00 per teacher and $10.00 each adult student entering the festival
Junior Keynotes subscription $6.00 required per teacher (adult students optional)
Senior dues are $10. You must pay $10 for yourself and $10 for each ADULT student that you plan to enter in the festival in February. To submit these dues by the Sept. 1 deadline, you must either mail your check, payable to GCMTA, to your district chair, postmarked no later than Friday, Aug. 16, or hand deliver it to your chair in an envelope with both your name and the chair’s name on it, no later than 8:00 PM on Tuesday, Aug. 20. Please contact your chair (listed above) for a delivery address. No form is necessary, but provide name, address, city, zip, and email for yourself and each adult student.
Junior Dues and Roster – two options
Online option – go to the GFMC website http://www.georgianmfc.org, click on “Membership”, then “Membership Forms”. Click on “Jr Club Registration 2019-2020”. Complete the information online. Where it asks for GFMC Senior Club and Festival, enter the name of your Sr Club (one of the three listed above). You are the counselor of your Jr Club; please print your complete name in the same way as you registered in Sr Club. The name of your Jr Club should be the same as what was submitted last year; however, if it is different, please send an email to your chair advising that it changed. Especially notify your chair if you no longer have a separate Jr Club, but instead, are included in a Jr Club with multiple teachers or vice versa.
At the bottom of the form, you must type in the ROSTER of your students who may/may not participate in the spring festival. We aren’t sure if the site will allow you to print your roster when you are finished, so make sure to “screen print” if needed. Follow the instructions for paying online by credit card. Remember that the deadline to complete this online form is Sept. 15.
It is VERY important that you email your Sr Club/Festival Chair that you enrolled online and provide the number of Jr Club students on your roster.
Mail/Excel option – Print and complete this form, [2018-19 Jr Div App for Membership] mailing it, along with a check PAYABLE TO GFMC, to your Sr Club/Festival Chair at the above address, postmarked no later than Saturday, Sept 7, or hand delivered no later than Wednesday, Sept 11.
Follow the instructions on the form to calculate the amount of the check. For the ROSTER, please email an alphabetical listing of your students in an EXCEL (or compatible program) file to your Sr Club/Festival Chair. A fillable and printable roster is on the GCMTA website (http://www.gcmta.org) under “Forms”. Technically, NFMC requires that all students in your studio be included as members, even those not participating in spring festivals; however, as a minimum, include any who might participate. Your Chair will not accept hand written or hard copies of rosters – only Excel (or program compatible) files will be accepted.
Late registration, late rosters or additions
For late registrations of Sr Club and Jr Club dues and late rosters, please go to the GFMC website (address above) and complete registration there. The late fee will automatically be included. Be sure to notify your Sr Club/Festival Chair that you registered, and the number of adult and Jr students submitted.
For students that are added AFTER your original roster is submitted, please mail a list of names along with any additional required funds (payable to GFMC), to Dawn Dalangin, GFMC President/Treasurer as indicated on the GFMC website AND notify your Sr Club/Festival Chair by email of the number of students added.
Teacher Reminders for Jr and Sr Club Application:
- Individual teachers need to choose a Jr Club name for their studio. The individual teacher will be the Junior Counselor for his/her Club.
- Teachers who are not entering students are encouraged to join the Sr Club and assist with festivals or other planning and socializing.
- Schools or entities such as a church music school may apply as a Jr Club, but all associated teachers are members of the Sr Club, paying Sr Club dues of $10 each + the $6 Keynotes Magazine subscription. Students will not be associated with a specific teacher in that Club.
- Club Dues are $2 per Jr member and $10 for each Sr member (teachers and adult students). Checks for Jr Club Dues are payable to GFMC and checks for Sr Club Dues are payable to GCMTA.
- Adult students may now elect to purchase the Jr Keynotes subscription.
- The Jr Club Roster (submitted online or by Excel document) should be submitted with the Jr Club Membership Application and will contain the full names of all Jr Club members. Students not listed on the roster will NOT be permitted to register for Festival or other NFMC or GFMC events.
- The new GFMC website is www.georgianfmc.org. Teachers may elect to register their Jr Club online.